Tuff Series Soother Slow Feeder Mat
Give your dog a fun way to relieve stress, fight boredom, and enjoy their favourite treats for longer with the Lickimat Tuff Soother!
Designed with a textured pattern and square-shaped compartments, this innovative pet treat and food mat makes your dog’s favourite treats last longer while helping relax and soothe your pet’s anxiety or simply to cure their boredom, especially when you’re away from home. The spaces inside the squares give you a small area to place soft pet treats or even kibble. This makes it easier for you to control your dog’s food portions.
As your dog scrapes their tongue over the textured surface, they will experience a relaxing and cleansing sensation. The textures will help scrape away food particles and bacteria from the tongue, which aid in improving overall dental and oral health. Repetitive licking also boosts saliva production that leads to better digestion due to the enzymes found in saliva. You can freeze treats (e.g., homemade bone broth, softened dog biscuits, treat pastes) on the Lickimat Soother Tuff to give your dog a cool treat to enjoy in the heat.
Benefits of Licking and Slow-Feeding Your Pet
Repetitive licking can help calm and soothe your pet by releasing a certain hormone (endorphins) that aids in relaxation and de-stressing. Licking is like a massage to your pet, so using a Lickimat product can help make stressful situations, like going to the vet or being at home alone, easier to handle for your pet. For example, if your dog bites the front of their paws while they’re home alone, they can lick that open wound to help soothe the pain of the wound and reduce the anxiety they feel when no one is home with them.
Adding treats to the Lickimat entices your pet to the mat and encourages them to lick over the textured surface to stimulate the calming hormone and keeps them focused on a certain activity. Lickimats can also help redirect their licking behaviour to a specific point rather than all over your furniture, carpets, etc.
*Note: In some cases, if your pet’s licking has become excessive and constant, please consult your vet. Licking can be a way for your pet to ease pain due to medical conditions like arthritis or allergies. Licking may not always be because of anxiety or boredom.
You can use Lickimats to help slow-feed your pet. Slow-feeding is the process of forcing your pet to eat more slowly, and it’s ideal for pets that gulp down their food, eat other pets’ foods, and/or eat their food too fast, which can lead to indigestion and even choking. Lickimats like the Lickimat Tuff Soother give you a surface with limited space to help slow-feed your pet, especfiall with wet food or other moist products like yoghurt.
- Textured pet treat mat designed to help combat boredom and calm your dog to improve behaviour
- Can be used as a slow-feeding treat or food mat to help prolong meal and treat times – great as a hide-and-seek type pet toy
- Great to use as a medical-free way to help calm and soothe your pet during stressful times or when they’re bored at home by themselves
- Provides a way for your pet to release a calming hormone to help them relax
- Stimulates saliva production to better digestion/gut health and helps clean the tongue to improve dental and oral health
- Makes your dog’s sense of taste more pronounced due to repetitive licking
- Made from non-toxic and food-grade TPR and PET materials
- Safe for dishwasher use and can be placed in freezer for frozen treats
- Tuff model - hard plastic
Dimensions: 20cm x 20cm